Available for Pre-Order. This product will be available within a few days.
Varleisha Gibbs – Sensory-Based In-Session, Strategies, Techniques & Equipment
Join sensory and self-regulation expert, Varleisha Gibbs, OTD, OTR/L, and discover various sensory strategies, techniques, and equipment to use when working with children with ASD, SPD, and ADHD. The underlying neurological components will be reviewed to connect neuroanatomy to practice. Through live demonstrations at a sensory clinic, you will learn what types of equipment you should purchase for your clinic as well as their appropriate use, when to use them, and for how long. Video examples of children in a sensory clinic will be used to demonstrate correct versus incorrect methods including how to maneuver the equipment for the sought response as well as what happens when equipment is used incorrectly.
A unique emphasis will be given to the neurological background, in relation to specific treatment techniques. Evidence-based practice will be an integral part of reviewing theories and current treatment techniques. Treatment techniques to be analyzed include: sound-based, movement, and vision-based therapies.
- Gain knowledge relating to the neuroscience behind self-regulation
- Understand the cause and effect of intervention techniques as they relate to neurological components
- Determine the specific equipment and techniques to use for what type of child
- Identify how long and how often to use sound-based, movement, and vision-based therapy techniques
- Apply appropriate strategies that work for treating children with ASD, SPD and ADHD
Would you like to receive Varleisha Gibbs – Sensory-Based In-Session, Strategies, Techniques & Equipment ?
- The Neurological connection: background information on the Central Nervous System and Autonomic Nervous System and self-regulation
- Theories and principles for treatment interventions: To include Polyvagal and Sensory Integration theories
Current Treatment and Intervention
- Traditional Strategies: When and how to use swings, climbing, and crashing activities
- Sound-based Therapies: Identify what music to use, when to use it, and for whom
- Movement Therapies: Appropriate use of yoga, Pilates, dance and drum therapy
- Vision Therapies: Use eye yoga and tracking games
Application of Strategies that work
- Awakening the Vagus Nerve: The use of breathe, Valsava, and massage
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes